Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It is ok to fall in love with something.  There are different kinds of loves: there is the kind of love that is devotional, and eternal; there is the love that is pure and fun; and there is the love that has been broken and renewed in a different sense.  I could never imagine living my life without the things I love, it would be very empty.  Loving a sport is almost a love-hate relationship because every day is different, a new obstacle to conquer and a feeling of inadequacy or accomplishment.  For me, this sport is called volleyball; she is very brutal to me, but I love her no matter what.  She has left me with countless memories and break throughs.  But she gave me something that I can never repay, she gave me a taste of competition, a hunger for success, and the ability to persevere.  And for all of this, I can never repay her.


No comments:

Post a Comment